- You eat breakfast while watching lemurs swing from tree to tree. The kids watch the lemurs in amazement.
- The weather during the winter season is perfect: not too hot and not cold at all. The ocean water is warm.
- You get to stay in a palisander bungalow with two floors, so the kids get their own room upstairs.
- The restaurant meals are 4-star quality and there is fresh fish every day. Both Bambina and Bambino gobbled up their fish at each meal.
- The beach is stunning and you can do pretty much any water activity you want (but you have to pay extra for water skiing). The Bambina has turned into a real diver and spent most of the time with her mask on.
- The mosquito net had holes in the top of it, and there was a captive mosquito inside our nets on each of the
three nights we were there.
- Resorts are a relatively new thing in Madagascar - too new for things like kids' clubs or even a fully developed spa. And the political crisis in Madagascar means that hotel owners won't be making any big capital investments in their hotels anytime soon.
- Like all Relais & Chateau hotels, Anjajavy is expensive.
- You need a private plane to get there.